Siesta Key Beaches
Siesta Key, located on Florida’s Gulf Coast is conveniently located off Interstate 75 in Sarasota County, Florida. As the east coast of Florida has it “Keys” or tropical islands such as Key West, the west coast of Florida has its own “Keys” with Siesta Key rising in popularity as a top vacation destination for families, couples and travelers from around the world. Due to its proximity to a major interstate, closeness to major cities including Sarasota and Tampa, an easy drive from Orlando’s attractions and hometown Sarasota Bradenton International Airport – it just might be Florida’s easiest “Key” to get to.
Couple that with 8 miles of famous quartz powdery white sand, clear and warm ocean waters and a host of things to do in the Siesta Key & Sarasota area, it’s no surprise why vacationers visit all through the year.
3 Beaches on One Barrier Island
Siesta Key is comprised of three main beaches each with their own set of character and appeal:
- Siesta Key Beach – located on the north end of Siesta Key this is the most visited and popular stretch of sand with full amenities.
- Crescent Beach – located south of Siesta Key Beach, Crescent Beach tends to offer a less crowded atmosphere.
- Turtle Beach – at the southern narrow end of Siesta Key is Turtle Beach which also offers great amenities for visitors and is where you’ll find Turtle Beach Campground.
Siesta Key Beach Accolades
Siesta Key Beach and the area has been awarded many top accolades over the years and continues to rival national and international beach destinations. Some of these accolades include:
- 2015 Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice Beach Ranked #1
- 2015 AARP ranked “Best Beach in the World”
- 2013 Trip Advisor Traveler’s Choice Beach Ranked #1
- 2011 Dr. Beach Florida International University Ranked #1
- 2010 Dr. Beach Florida International University Ranked #1